[IP] RE: Insurance Coverage for pump( a question)

Those of you who get things covered 100 percent--do you have a policy through
your employer or what?  We are self employed (they let me and hubby call
ourselves two individual employees of a very small group).  I am shelling out
almost $500 per month for an HMO!  Granted I get 300 strips per month, and
most prescriptions are $20 or $10, but pumps are only 80 percent covered,
doctors choices limited and pump supplies are only 80 percent paid.

I did find 100 percent coverage through Blue Cross, but they had a lovely
clause in there where you had to pay $1500 for a one night hospital admission,
and if you had to be re-admitted in the next few weeks for one more night it
was another $1500 (in fact, $1500 every single time--even if they sent you
home and you had to go back.)  We pay $20 for doctor's visits, but the choice
is growing so small that there is only one Endo on my list (and if he retires,
I guess I will have to go to medical school myself.)