[IP] Plasticizers in tubing

I am wondering if anyone knows of any studies on what impact the
plasticizers used in pump tubing might have on one's health?  Or is
there any other chemical reaction between insulin and other plastics
such as reservoirs?  I was told that medical equipment is trying to get
away from the use of plasticizers and am wondering what the issues are
and, especially, whether plasticizers might have something to do with
site problems so frequently discussed here.