Re: [IP] Mac Compatible Software

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 email @ redacted wrote:

> I've seen several postings about software for Macintosh computers.  That's
> all we have in our house, including an almost new iMac.  I contacted Lifescan
> about the lack of a program for Mac users, because my daughter uses One Touch
> Ultra meters (we have accumulated 4).  I would love to be able to use some
> sort of computer software for recording, graphing her counts, carbos,
> insulin, etc.  Lifescan said they did a survey and found that the majority of
> their users were "windows" users, so they had the software developed for
> them.  Maybe if more of us "Mac Lovers" email and ask for mac stuff they will

Mac users represent about 5% of total desk top systems. Not enough
interest to justify the investment. The bright side is that OS X is unix
based and UNIX is far more popular though not as user friendly. Perhaps
someday this will result in support for MAC as well. Meanwhile, use the
Winduhs emulator that runs on the mac (there are two available).