Re: [IP] Mac Compatible Software

On 9/28/02 8:43 PM Sherry wrote:
> Yes there is a program that allows Mac to use Windows programs-its virtual
> PC, but it is a pain to use and never really made everything work on our
> iMac, so I don't know if the Lifescan program would work or not.  As I
> mentioned in the first posting, it can be made to work, so I've heard, but
> there are a bunch of things to buy and hook up to get it to work

Well, Mac OS-X IS a Unix based operating system.  But no matter what system
you run you are going to need a cable to hook up your computer to your
meter.  Lifescan still produces the kludgy 25 pin serial connector, which
most PC users run through a 25 pin to 9 pin converter, and now they are
needing to run that through a 9 pin to USB connector.

Same for the Mac folks, BUT buying that connector seems to make a lot more
sense than re-writing their program for a very limited user group, like
diabetic Unix users.    ;>)        The In Touch program is running on my
iMac Virtual PC right now, but I haven't gotten the 9 pin to USB connector
yet.   I'll let you know if it reads a meter OK or not later.