Re: [IP] I'm a cheater too!

Me too, one of the first things I learned from my cousin who is type 1 too when I was diagnosed is that there are the same amount of carbs in a choc. chip cookie and a piece of bread ---so you need the same amount of insulin. I ofcourse would not substitute two cookies for lunch, but it was helpful to know I can eat everything - just not all the time...
 Mark Therieau wrote:Insulin Pumpers is made possible by contributions from forum
members and supporters in industry. Your tax deductible donation

...and proud of it!

How many times has someone said to me:
"my [brother/uncle/grandmother/parrot] is
a diabetic too, but [he/she/it] cheats."
(the last part usually in a whisper)

It's sad that it's seen as OK for most folks
to occasionally "indulge", "have a treat",
"eat dessert", "get the munchies", or
"eat a fried snickers bar", but for a diabetic,
it's cheating.

[OK, OK, I wouldn't *really* eat a fried snickers
bar (at least not a whole one). But I bet I could
figure out how to cover it with a dual-wave bolus--
just wouldn't want to risk...the stomach-ache.]

I think the next time someone asks me if I have
good control, I'll say:

"Absolutely--I cheat as often as I like"

regards,
markt

Arnold Berkowitz wrote:
... I attempt to keep my numbers good, and my
result honest... but we all cheat, although
some of us admit it and some don't.