[IP] Breastfeeding and D

I was unfortunately unable to breastfeed my daughter when she was born back
in 1999.  My milk never came in.

She was a formula baby, not by my choice, but I still had the bonding time
with her.  She never left my side from the minute she was born until she was
3 months old, I was the only one to feed her (my husband never heard her cry
in the middle of the night) and that was just more time for me to be with
her.  She had her bottle until she was 11 months old and then took to the
sippy cup and refused the bottle.

Though I would encourage breastfeeding, even if you are not able to do it, do
not feel like a failure, it is not your fault.  A bottle fed baby and a
breast fed baby have the same bond with the mother.