Re: [IP] start pump

Patricia <email @ redacted> wrote:
 Hello I have a start pump question.  My daughter will be hooked up Tuesday
morning and now she takes 10 units of NPH at breakfast and 10 units of
Lantus at bedtime when do we stop the long acting to get ready for the pump?

I was taking 15 units of Lantus at 9 every morning, no NPH.  I took my last
Lantus injection 27 hours before hook up, and had some moderate hypos for
two days.  Whatever your CDE advises, of course, you'll want your daughter
to test very often at first to be sure (I tested every 1 to 1 1/2 hours).

Best wishes!

Lisa Mattox