Re: [IP] DME

>As far as I know, all insurance companies consider
>the pump DME (durable medical equipment,)

Pacificare HMO DOES NOT consider a pump part of the
DME coverage.  Pumps are covered at 100% of the
negotiated price with a supplier.  Unfortunately for
me Pacificare Colorado is only contracted with Minimed
and Disetronic.  Animas is offering to accept the same
negotiated price.  I am hoping that it is approved
since I need the smaller basal increments that only
the Animas provides (although MM claims to be able to
deliver a .05 unit - IF you dilute the insulin!).

The key to DME is "Durable" - pumps are NOT durable...
they are a non-durable.  Supplies are durable!  That's
where I might have to fight again, but in the meantime
am hoping to have a new Animas pump soon!

-gail in denver
dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11.  Pumping since 1985-ish.

Do you Yahoo!?