Re: [IP] start pump

> Hello I have a start pump question.  My daughter will be hooked up
> Tuesday morning and now she takes 10 units of NPH at breakfast and
> 10 units of Lantus at bedtime when do we stop the long acting to get
> ready for the pump?  Thank you

You doctor should tell you that. Usually they recommend stopping long
acting insulin at least 24 hour before starting pump therapy. Your
medical team should provide you with specific instructions on when to
stop lantus and when and what amounts of regular or other insulin to
substitute to get through the remaining time before starting on the