Re: [IP] start pump

At 02:55 PM 9/28/02, you wrote:
>Hello I have a start pump question.  My daughter will be hooked up Tuesday
>morning and now she takes 10 units of NPH at breakfast and 10 units of Lantus
>at bedtime when do we stop the long acting to get ready for the pump?  Thank
>   Paulette Love

Your Doctor/CDE should have already told you this, but when you start in
the morning, delete the Lantus the night before the start, and do not take
NPH the morning of the start.  Try to keep the BG's as normal as possible
with injections of Humalog at 3-4 hour intervals, starting after dinner and
through the night.  This is what I did when I started 2 1/2 years ago
(minus the Lantus-wasn't out then).