[IP] Re: contradictions, or is it really that bad

Kath B writes:
Now you sound like some of the doctors whom I have seen who seem to prefer
to treat diabetics as a typical book case syndrome and that is totally
---------------------------------------------------------------When I was in
training we learned there is no patient that displays every symptom and the
classical case of certain diseases do not exist. Brittle diabetics are
always told by their docs: "You cant have these fluctuations, it does not
make sense." Well it does to me, I'm having them, my doc is not.
at times 1 unit drops me 7mg at other times it drops me 384mg. Always keep
in mind: "The patient is right the book is wrong", my constant comment to
new docs I am teaching in Clinic. You can often substitute "The Lab is
wrong" at the end of that sentence. My dad, a dentist and Professor at U of
P dental school always taught me: "Listen to the patient, Andy, he is
telling you his story." I'd rather have diabetes than cancer or Parkinson's
disease or ALS, spot
A. L. Bender, M. D.