Re: [IP] DME

My insurance policy also classified pumps as DME and had an annual cap.
(They included supplies under this cap -- strips were considered supplies.)
I am insured in Washington State, but I live in MA.  What I found out was
that MA Law requires that diabetes supplies, including pumps, not be capped
in this way and must be covered in the same way as prescriptions.  The links
to the MA laws are:

I finally won the battle with my insurance company (the law says that any
policy covering people in MA must comply), and I would encourage anyone
having issues such as this to investigate state law as it applies to
diabetes coverage.

dx 4/89, puming 5/02