Re: [IP] Re: Insurance coverage for pump

In a message dated 9/27/02 11:12:39 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> This happened to me too--sort of.  There was a cap on our HMO's durable
> medical and if they had figured things out correctly, I would have owed a
> heap
> of money.  As it was, Minimed goofed or the HMO goofed and because I had a
> signed agreement, they couldn't hit me up for the full amount.  I paid
> $1200,
> but would have had to pay much more.
> I dont see any way around it.

When I was still working and had *regular* insurance....I round out Mary's
strips, etc would be under durable medical goods....there was a cap of I
believe $1000....I went to our HR and asked which months they would like her
not to test....the nice woman said that was not what they signed up for and
got it changed....same company and policy paid for her pump last year under
COBRA.....please talk to your HR....I had to get connected to the person in
our company who negotiates the contracts but it worked.....good luck!
now ten!