Re: [IP] yay!! german fun!!!

Halo mien shcone freund, (sorry the iMac isn't set up for umlauts yet ;-)

Not only is learning a new language fun, especially german if you're an
english speaker, but can be a real life saver when travelling.  I was
thinking they were going to strip search me at the Riechstag in Berlin
until I just blurted out in very bad german " das ist mien insulin
pumpen!"  Instantly all was resolved.

So, any other IP'rs planning on travel I really suggest that you learn
not just basic survival language skills, but also a few key phrases
about your pump and DM.

Auf wiedersen,

Frank W. Tegethoff, Jr.
IDDM since '85, MM507 since '98