Re: [IP] Re: DKA

> This turned around within 4-6hrs whereas her DKA took several days (and
> they said that was just mild DKA - she was very sick, I shudder to think
> what severe DKA looks like).

I know its not pretty!     Zachary was so messed up last winter (pre-pump)
that he was vomiting for 2 1/2 weeks straight,  lost 15% of his body weight,
was greenish looking,  it was scary.   Amazingly we kept him hydrated
just enough that he wasn't hospitalized,  though we spent about every
3rd day at the hospital either in a lab getting tests ran on electrolites,
blood sugars, etc.  or  on the Endo clinic floor so they could keep tabs
on him.      Thank God for the pump.   He's gained all of his weight back
and is doing so much better--------well except for his fear of school and
school nurses  :(

Fenton, MO