[IP] Re: Pregnancy and Highs--breastfeeding babies

<<I can't believe that you breastfeed for two years, that is wonderful. I
able to breastfeed my child because no one helped me at all and said that
formula would be better for her anyway since I was a diabetic and I was very
sick, no matter what happens with this pregnancy, I am going to try my
absolute hardest to breastfeed. Thanks for your advice.

     If you really want it to happen and especially if you are having your
second baby at the same hospital as the first, be well prepared ahead of
time.   Hook up with a Lactation Consultant and also with your local La Leche
League.  A good LLL leader will have lots of information to help you.
     There are "rules" to help new Moms nurse successfully--try to find a
hospital that follows the Baby Friendly WHO Code.  If the hospital doesn't
follow the code, find out about it and insist on these procedures.  Make sure
your partner, or whoever will be with you, knows exactly what you want, in
case you are too out of it to tell the nurses and doctors.
     Good luck
Barbara, Mum of Claire 8