Re: [IP] Re: Pregnancy and Breastfeeding

--- Jacqui Hall <email @ redacted> wrote:
> I can't believe that you breastfeed for two
> that is wonderful. I wasn't
> able to breastfeed my child because no one helped
All diabetic mothers need to try and breastfeed their
babies if there is a chance of preventing diabetes.
Michael's post about the study going on didn't seem to
get many responses. In a nutshell, a study is being
done to compare breastfed vs. formula fed babies. The
premise is that the protein in the milk might be a
trigger for diabetes.I breastfed my son for 3 yrs and
my daughter for 4yrs. Believe I was only going to try
it because I was one of the babies who had convulsions
from the formula back in the 1950's. I had no real
family support  but found the LA LECHE groups a great
help. Please it is very rare that a mother can't
breastfeed. There are ways to get around any
situation. meg
 The info is as follows:
Trial to Reduce Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus in
Genetically at Risk (TRIGR) is an international study
with centers in
the US, Canada, Europe and Australia.  Its purpose is
to conduct a
primary prevention trial for type 1 diabetes. The
study is seeking
newborn infants with a family member (mother, father,
brother) who has type 1 (insulin dependent) diabetes.
TRIGR's purpose
is to find out whether a diet free of cow's milk
protein within the
first six months of life reduces the risk of type 1
diabetes in
at-risk patients.  The study also hopes to determine
if the cow's
milk-free diet reduces the frequency of
diabetes-specific antibodies,
which can occur in high-risk individuals prior to the
development of
diabetes. Recruitment for the study is  anytime during
pregnancy or
up to 7 days of life.

For more information please check our website
 or in the US, call Margaret Franciscus  (412)

Do you Yahoo!?