[IP] Re: Attitude/Reality.

On 9/27/02 2:23 PM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:30:51 -0700
> From: "Jacqui Hall" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Attitudes about diabetes
> In this thread, no one has said anything positive and people believe that
> haven't diabetes is the worse thing that they can have but it's not the worst.
> There could be worse things in life. At least we have a chance at life, we can
> be mothers, wives, whatever we want to be, even though we may have to try a
> little harder.
> Jacqui,

As many of the emails *I* have read none of them said it was the "Worst"
thing they could have. I too spend my days being happy in general, but
living through Rose coloured glasses and avoiding the prospects of what
'COULD' happen only serves to delude us into false senses of security. I
visit my doctors, check my BGs, attempt to look after my meal plan, belong
to this list and choose to wear a pump. I choose to study and try new
things, but am also realistic: I won't learn how to drive a racecar with
being legally blind for example. I refuse to put on the face of a
"SUPERDIABETIC" whilst asking folks to contribute for a cure.

-- I have an iBook and am not afraid to use it!

Jenny Sutherland