-----Original Message-----
From: Michael

> Does this pertain to individual policies or just group policies
> through an employer?

Where the old coverage comes from is not important. It can be a
private or employer pay plan that you are covered under. However,
HIPPA only guarantees coverage for employer based plans when you get
a "new" plan. i.e. when you get a new job, the source of prior
coverage is not an issue when you go onto the employers medical