Re: [IP] Re: is diabetes really that bad

>When anyone who has had diabetes for 20 or more years, can find
>aspects of the disease, they are simply lying. I've been diabetic for
>years and the inevitable complications are so wearing on the the mind
>body. To be honest, it sucks. All the psychotherapy I have been
through and
>none of the therapists seem to have a partial solution to help me

Hmm.  That's quite a claim.  I've had my diabetes for more than 20
years now, and I STILL don't think it is so bad.  Complications are NOT
inevitable.  However, even though there is a STRONG chance of
complications, it doesn't worry me.  God will not allow me to go
through more than I can handle.  What person can add a single hour to
his/her life by worrying?  For now, I have diabetes, and do the best I
can to treat it.  If, down the road, I have horrible
complications...then I'll deal with it at that time.  It doesn't do a
bit of good worrying about it now, because it won't change the outcome
UNLESS the worrying prompts one to take better care of themselves.

For all the effort people put into worrying about complications of
diabetes, you are probably MORE likely to be affected by OTHER things,
such as car accidents, other illnesses such as cancer or heart disease
(which is not necessarily caused by the diabetes itself).

I am NOT lying, nor living in denial.  I'm simply living the live God
gave me for the time being, and dealing with my diabetes as best I know
how in the meantime.  :-)

For everyone: My original question wasn't do you wish you did or didn't
have it...but is it that bad.  I can't imagine anyone saying they wish
there was a cure...but given that there isn't, is life all that bad
because of diabetes?  (For those parents of diabetics...I understand,
as a parent with a child with severe food allergies, the stress it can
cause a parent...but hopefully seeing that the outcome for those
children is not NEARLY as bad as you probably imagine for them might
help you to relax a little.  :-)