Re: [IP] Re: contradictions, or is it really that bad

You are correct, there are some cancers that are curable or go into remission
but there are some that aren't as well. I had a high school friend that was
diagnosed with cancer, wasn't even treatable, spread throughout his body and
died 6 months after diagnoses. I would much rather be diagnosed with a disease
like diabetes then one like aids where you pretty much know that you are going
to die and most aids deaths are not very pleasant. Instead of having such a
negative attitude against something that is going to be with us for the rest
of our lives but something that we do have some sort of control over, we
should have a positive attitude and learn to live with it and accept it. There
are so many worse things in life that can happen, for starters, we could've
died instead of being diagnosed with diabetes, we could have been a vegetable
or lost all movement of our bodies and have to spend the rest of lives in a
wheel chair that we control via our mouth or one arm which is the only arm
that moves.

I have one child and one on the way and I know that their chances for getting
diabetes is a little higher, but it's not like 100% higher or anything and I
am prepared if they do by the unfortunate chance, get diabetes because I have
lived with it and gone through so many things so I will be able to provide
support for them as well.

We all need to wake up and look at our attitude and change it. We have to
think, okay, I have diabetes (or so and so has diabetes) and we have to live
it with and deal with it, we can't change that, so am I going to have a
negative attitude towards it, feel sorry for myself and let it effect my
disease, my life and my children for the rest of my life, or am I going to
accept it, deal with it and say okay, I have diabetes but I am going to
control it the best that I can and pray that things go well?

Jacqui Hall