[IP] Re: insurance companies

>     Yes my insurance company can deny me for the pump. And from what
>     I have
> heard most any insurance company can deny a pump to a diabetic.

Hi Cody,

Insurance companies cannot deny a pump if your doctor prescribes or
recommends it...for any reason.  We have an HMO and had to to through
the entire appeals process (several months) before they finally
relented.  They denied for every reason under the sun (hoping to wear
us down and we'd go away), but in the end had no choice but to accept
doctor's recommendation.  It is not up to the insurance company to
decide what is right or best for you and you don't have to prove
anything to them.  They are within their right to make you go through
the totally unnecessary and annoying appeals process, though.  Hang
tough and don't take no for an answer!

Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah