Re: [IP] Sorta OT but kinda relevant

>I realized after reading today's posts that I must be a little more looney
>than I have ever thought. I was thinking about how I am feeling waiting for
>the pump. I am anxious, happy, hopeful, as well as nervous. I can only
>compare it to a Christmas day for a kid who thinks he may have hit the
>Santa jackpot.
I can barely contain myself waiting to find out if my insurance approves
me for pump therapy. I have gone from 11 years of Humulin R & NPH constantly
chasing insulin with food to Lantus/Novolog MDI eating once a day and losing
31 pounds so far. I have thought out all of the negatives of being
permanently attached to a medical device, maybe having bad sites, skin
infections, bad customer service, and ad nauseum. But I am still almost
ecstatic at the thought of getting the pump with the hope of control it may
give me.   I suppose it is the human nature kicking into high gear. Maybe
even the pioneer sprit? I am making the best of a bad situation. I am
responding to a stress (The disease) with the best solution I have available
to me (The pump). I already have pictured myself pushing the buttons on the
Paradigm giving me a bolus for my Italian Oven dinner when out with my wife
some night in the future.
I have pictured my A1c's dropping below 8.1 and maybe having energy to do
that thing called ex. . . exer. . . exercise again! I miss my mountain bike
rides. Maybe I will even get up in the morning one day and feel actually
Even if I don't get any spectacular benefits from pump therapy if I can
just have some more time with my wife and mutts, and die of something other
than diabetes or its complications then that will be enough.
Cody S. Alderson<

I know exactly how you feel- except the losing 31 pounds and the thing with
the wife and dogs!!  But I can not wait to get my paradigm.  I call the
insurance back tomorrow at 8:30 am ( never wait more than 1min. at that
time) and see if they've made the final dicision yet!!  I
Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)