[IP] Re: Cortisol Test (WAS: Weird Symptoms)

>[IP] re: weird symptoms
>Her gp did test her for mono, a few weeks ago.  Came back negative.
>Her endo.  just called, wants to do a cortisol (sp?) test?  Holly

Hi Holly,

I am the person that emailed you off-list about Addison's Disease.  A
cortisol test is exactly what I had to dx this.

A cortisol test is fairly easy.  Has to be done as a fasting test.  They do
a blood draw, to test for the amount of cortisol (I assume) in the blood.
Then, they inject a hormone called ACTH (forget what it stands for.  Any of
you medical professionals care to remind me?), wait an hour and do another
blood draw.

If cortisol is low, they will probably give your daughter Prednisone
tablets.  I was dx'ed and started on Prednisone the same day.  I felt like
new about four days after starting treatment.

Weird Jenn
email @ redacted
AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424