[IP] weight loss on the pump

When I started on the pump with Humalog I too lost a lot of weight. In
fact I went down 2 sizes and lost a total of around 50lbs. Then I
started noticing what appears to be a resistance to the insulin and I
have been steadily gaining weight over the past 4-5 months. I am still
on Humalog and was thinking of asking the Dr about the Novolog. I can't
seem to get my sugar under control (less than 200) and I have gained
20+lbs in the past 3 months at least. I was told many years ago by a
diabetologists (they are hard to find!!!) that insulin is like taking a
steroid so the more you have to take the more weight you will gain, if
you reduce your daily intake the weight will melt away. Boy, was that
true until recently.
Teri Starkey
DX @ 8 (30yrs ago) Happy Paradigm pumper since 09/13/02