[IP] Re: Contradictions, or is it really that bad?

>Re: [IP] Re: Contradictions, or is it really that bad?

I was dx'ed just after my 7th birthday, in 1977.  I really don't remember
life pre-D.  I think it may have been easier for me being dx'ed as a
youngster.  Since I never really liked eating junk food much before dx, it
was easier to give it up.  SOMETIMES.  The hardest part about being a child
with D is the cruelty of other children who called me a "junkie" and a
"Weirdo".  (ok, fine.  Maybe the second one is accurate, but still....)

Today, at age 32, D really isn't as big a deal for me as it once was.  Part
of this comes from having other diseases to deal with that cause more
constant problems than the D.  It also comes from knowing people with
Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy, and Cystic Fibrosis.  These guys have a
certain death sentence, and they still get up, go to work every day, and
live normal lives.  What am I complaining about?

Of course, different days I feel differently.  Some times I just need to
have that "feeling sorry for myself" and "I hate this" day.  But, don't we

Weird Jenn