[IP] RE: soapbox, Diabetes cont

I must admit, my Mom raised two of us as type I diabetics--my sister since
1955, and me since 1970.  She didn't show any signs of any grief over this.
She prayed for us (and still does), instilled faith in us, kept our home happy
and positive and we never had a reason to reflect on anything in a bad light.
And my sister was much more "brittle" than I, with numerous hospitalizations.

I think you do have to let kids be kids, and I know diabetes will never define
who I am.  Frankly, though we didn't used to have such wonderful meds or tools
as the pump, we still did ok!  And thanks Mom for the 25 years of ballet
lessons and a very active fine arts college life!