Re: [IP] Re: did I cook my insulin in the microwave??

In a message dated 9/26/02 6:59:55 PM !!!First Boot!!!, email @ redacted

> The bottle of insulin was a new one, cold from the fridge, and I was
> impatient to get on with business, so I thought I would warm it up - I
> mean, get it to room temperature - a couple of seconds in the microwave.  I
> did that, for NO MORE THAN A COUPLE OF SECONDS, IF THAT). and changed the
> set.  Proceeded to have tea and toast for breakfast.
> A couple of hours later when I arrived at work, I tested and was 422

LOL!!!  In my opinion, insulin is too sensitive to put in the microwave.
Reminds me of the time we were on vacation, staying in a condo, and I told my
then 12 year old diabetic son to put the Medi-Cooler in the microwave for 1
minute (so we could travel for the day with his insulin).  He put the two
botlles of insulin in the microwave and they burst!!  He thought I meant the
insulin!  Luckily, I brought extra bottles!  LOL!!!