Re: [IP] Re: DKA

I'm sorry if I offended you. I wasn't being rude, just
factual. I don't have to be in your apartment to know
what DKA is and isn't. I've seen it firsthand myself so
I'm very familiar with it (unfortunately). The clinical
definition of DKA is BG>300, +ketones in *blood*, and
serum pH<7.3 (which indicates acidosis - without
acidosis, it isn't DKA. Acidosis needs to be treated at
the hospital which Sylvia was just trying to point
out). My daughter has had what you've described (on the
verge of DKA) several times in the past 3yrs since
pumping (and she was very sick those times), but has
only had full blown DKA once (at dx 6yrs ago, and she
was much, much sicker then even though it was just mild

Again, I'm sorry. I'll just leave this subject alone.

Take care, Kerri
Chapman [Heaven's Here on Earth, 1994]

Adriana said:
I am curious on how some people on this list are
telling me that I was not in DKA. I don't want to sound
rude , and I appologize if it comes out this way, but
where any of you here in my apartment in Chicago with
me?? Where you watching me throw up? Watching me test?