[IP] IP] Re: Contradictions, or...is it really that bad?

I have been reading all of the comments made by others on this subject and
feel that maybe I am missing something.  I have been diabetic for 40 years
now and although it has definitely been a disease that caused changes in my
life and the need to think about things before I do them, I have been very
lucky that it has not taken over my life.  From the time I was diagnosed at
14, my mother was wonderful and encouraged me to partake in all the
activities I had done before.  I went on sleepovers and went away to
sleepover camp ( not diabetic camp).  I went to Europe with two other friends
for the entire summer when I was in college.  I completed college, graduate
school and have held a job for over 30 years.  I have had one daughter and am
presently planning her wedding.  My husband and I travel extensively, and we
have been to Europe, Africa, South and Central America, Asia.  I exercise
routinely and love bike riding.  I have been especially happy since I got the
pump about 2 1/2 years ago.  Of course, my sugars are not always perfect but
you learn to live with what you can and cannot eat and now with the pump,
there are very few things that I can not eat.  I am sorry that so many people
hate this disease so much.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a cure
and would love not to have it, but there are so many things that are worse.
My youngest brother was recently diagnosed with brain cancer and this does
not compare to my life with diabetes.  Sorry, I just felt that I had to say
something.  Debby