Re: [IP] Re: did I cook my insulin in the microwave??

At 03:33 PM 9/26/02 -0400, you wrote:
 >Barbara, Barbara, Barbara, you COOKED your insulin????  Just the molecular
 >changes that apparently occur in the microwaving process alone will alter
 >state of the insulin (OK you pros out there correct me if I'm wrong) so I
 >would say YES, you cooked it...even if it is not 'heat' exactly!

Microwaves don't make any molecular changes in food; they just heat it
up.  Microwaves are radio waves with a frequency of about 2,500 mHz.  They
are absorbed by water, sugar, and fat.  When they are absorbed, they excite
the molecules, causing them to move quickly.  This quick molecular motion
is what we call heat.