[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
  [Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

[IP] Re: did I cook my insulin in the microwave??

Okay, friends, I need an expert opinion.

I woke this morning to find that my infusion set had pulled out (this had
never happened in 1 1/2 years of pumping, and I guess I'll never know why
it did.)  Anyway, I had to change the set and my sugar was already creeping
up to 200.

The bottle of insulin was a new one, cold from the fridge, and I was
impatient to get on with business, so I thought I would warm it up - I
mean, get it to room temperature - a couple of seconds in the microwave.  I
did that, for NO MORE THAN A COUPLE OF SECONDS, IF THAT). and changed the
set.  Proceeded to have tea and toast for breakfast.

A couple of hours later when I arrived at work, I tested and was 422!!!!!!!
Now could it be that the new site was a bad one....or could it be that I
"cooked" my insulin in the microwave?? I know Humalog is supposed to be
very sensitive to heat, but good grief!!  By the time the set was changed,
I was 450.  I have not seen a number that high on my meter since I started
pumping; how depressing.

What do you all think?

Thanks and regards,
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml