Re: [IP] New Subject - pregnancy complications

At 06:19 AM 9/26/02 -0700, you wrote:
 >They seem to be constantly high no matter what happens.

Aaah.  That's what I suspected but I wanted to make sure before replying.

What you're experiencing is completely normal.  In the 2nd and 3rd
trimesters of pregnancy your insulin needs can go through the roof because
of all the extra hormones that interfere with the insulin's activity.  With
my two children I think I was using something like three times my normal
amount of insulin by the 3rd trimester.

If you want to keep you blood sugars in the normal range you need to be
extremely aggressive with the insulin. I would suggest that you speak with
your doctor about this.

By the way, once you deliver your insulin needs are likely to drop to below
what you needed pre-pregnancy, especially if you are nursing the
baby.  Keep this in mind so you're prepared.