[IP] Playing the diabetes card, was DKA

Lately I have had several incidents while playing sports were my
performance was god awful. I struck out twice in slow pitch softball,
that's hard to do and dropped 3 fly lazy fly balls! I check my blood
after the second strike out and I was low, around 60. Know wonder I
couldn't catch a pop up. Told my teammates that I was low, big mistake!
Now when I miss a ball or ground out during the game they assume I'm low
and want to bench me, probably should have not said anything in the
first place.

The only other time I used the Diabetic Card was while on vacation in
Myrtle Beach with 12 friends, We were late arriving at the airport and
one of my friends had to deal with Car Rental because of an accident we
had, that's why we were late. 10 of us board the plane just in time, I
check my blood, 65( I was a little stressed from running around)...My
other two friends were not going to make the plane so a friend suggested
that I should pass out! I didn't pretend to do that but I was low so my
friend notified the flight attendant and said we can't take off until my
sugars were back to normal. I should her my meter, luckily she knew a
little about diabetes Well that worked, the other 2 made it to the plane
just as my BG went somewhere over 100. So we were 15 minutes late.

Sometimes when I'm low  and tell  others, teammates, friends, etc...They
 usually tell me what to do, eat an apple or something..... So I stopped
telling anyone that I'm low, at least if it's a minor low.

Thanks for letting me ramble about my stories