Re: [IP] Paradigm Remote An Option Soon?

The reason that Medtronic calls the remote an option with the Paradigm
is that it can be used, optionally.  You have to manually enable (or
disable) it's use.  If you choose to use the remote, you will have more
drainage on the battery, so by default, it is disabled.

The option isn't whether you get it with the pump or not...but that you
have the option to use the remote if you so desire.

Personally, I see little need for it unless I were to wear my pump in
some hidden location.  But, using the easy bolus option is just as easy
(if not easier) than the remote control, and I can do that without
looking at the pump through my clothes if I needed to.