Re: [IP] Friends' son's diabetic

When I was on NPH, I liked NPH.  My routine revolved around the NPH, my meals, snacks, activities, etc.  I was very unhappy with people who told me to insist on pumping or changing Insulins.
When I switched to Lantus, I couldn't believe the difference in how I felt.  I was happier, and felt healthier.  I no longer had nightmares of myself dying.
Once again, when I started pumping, I got my life back.  I consider April 4, 2002 as the day I was reborn.
But I had to do it for myself, on my terms.

My suggestion is to be there for the boy, answer the parents questions and "suggest" small changes.

I almost told people to go to hell when they told me I had to pump or to switch Doctors.  I felt as if I was being told I was managing MY DM all wrong.

Remember YMMV

Good Luck,
John and his alway present Paradigm