Re: [IP] Friends' son's diabetic

On 9/25/02 8:41 PM, "meg teg" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I have told them about the pump but they have high
> deductible insurance plus they go to Rainbows in
> Cleveland and there CDE said he was on it and he
> gained weight and is back on shots. Also the why fix
> what ain't broken attitude. The parents hate it also
> but seem to have all there faith in the doctor. I
> guess this can be good or bad.

If a CDE went off the pump, then I wouldn't really want to depend on that
CDE for pump help, I don't believe that they would be knowledgeable enough
to give proper care.   If that is all they have to depend on for their care,
then they might be better off on MDI for the present.  BUT, I do agree with
others, there are a lot better long term insulins than NPH!