[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
  [Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]


> I am changing jobs in a month, and my new company will have a 30 day
waiting period before new coverage will begin, so I need to know if I should
get Cobra coverage, or not.  I seem to remember you can have a small lapse
in coverage and still not have to deal with the pre-existing coverage. If
anyone has any experience with this, please let me know. I will have 31 days
without coverage, if i let my current coverage lapse.
> Roger


With all the *wisdom* I can muster up, I would strongly advise that you go
for the COBRA.  Insurance for DMers is just not something you want to let
lapse or be without. It is already hard enough to get and keeping it should
be the utmost priority! We're on COBRA right now ($822.86 mo) but we cannot
afford to be without it. Medicare will take over my dialysis payments on
10/1/02, coordinated with the COBRA. We received a $7,355.32 bill for just 3
wks of July - which I am appealing (as well as pleading and begging) to the
insurance company at that time. I can't think about what if by a fluke we
were w/o ins. for one month, nor the struggle to get reinstated. Err on the
side of caution. (~_^)

\(/ Jan (63 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99)
http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics
(including an album of the EVOLUTION OF INSULIN PUMPS)

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when
you make it again.
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml