[IP] Diabetes

Personally I would rather have Diabetes than Cancer etc, I don't like having
it but I can live with it.  I am glad (now) to have gotten it at age 4
because this is my life, its what i know, I can't really remember much from
diagnosis I know it was hard on all, but I can see it being VERY difficult
getting it as a teen and having your whole life changed aroung at an already
tough time in life.

I'd rather not have Diabetes but it's mine to keep, so I try to think of the
good about it, like being involved with my local kids D-camps just seeing
their eyes light up when I take my shot the amazment that "Summer takes
needles too!" or "summer does blood test too!!" They get so excited to see a
"big" person having diabetes like them and just spending time with each
other.  I'd rather these kids don't have it but we all do so we make the
best of it.

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)