[IP] Friends' son's diabetic

I have a casual friend whose son(16) is diabetic(dx at
12). He is on nph and humalog. He hates testing and
does so only when he eats. He eats breakfast at 7am.
lunch at 12:30pm and supper at 6pm. He eats no snacks.
I know YMMV but I could never go that long on nph and
not eat snacks. Is this common?
He also is still very very angry. I would like to talk
to him and let him know I understand. Is there
anything I can say or do for this family? meg

Do you Yahoo!?