[IP] Re: Contradictions, or...is it really that bad?

In a message dated 25/09/02 7:57:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 I think, since I have a daughter diagnosed at barely four and a brother that
 was diagnosed at 6, that there is no easy time for diagnosis. That said, if
 you think it is in any way easier on a child then you are sadly
 mistaken... >>

I agree with Beverley. My baby was still 2 years old when dx (thank God, not
any younger) and she screamed in the hospital "mummy, mummy, please, please
don't let them do that to me" when they came to take blood out of her arm
every four hours.  (Yes, they were too stunned to get a glucometer and I knew
nothing about anything at that point).

The resulting stress from DM did almost ruin a few years of her life,--a
touch of OCD, recurrent headaches, stomachaches-- but fortunately pumping has
really turned things around.  She is so happy now, still too young to realize
the seriousness of DM.

I too, need my tissue thinking of this.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8