Re: [IP] Disetronic .5 bolus increments

On 25 Sep 2002 at 16:23, RoseLea wrote:

> At 10:53 AM 9/25/02, Laura wrote:
> >This is not a downside. Do you know that Disetronic can change the
> >bolus increment? I believe it can be set to .5, .2, or .1 increments.
> >Laura
> Yeah, and I can wear the buttons out pushing them so much, 10 times
> for each unit of insulin?

Yeah, but think of all that exercise you'll be getting!      ;>)

> to bolus for each meal.  And, then I can pay $15-$20 per pump for
> shipping to have it changed?  I've known about the ability to have
> them changed since I've gotten my pumps more than 2 years ago but have
> chosen not to. YMMV.
> RoseLea

And I saved money and got to reprogram both pumps at the same time using the D-
Modem.  BUT they no longer use the D-Modem for pump programming (at least my new
rep told me that).   As far as the getting a 0.5 bolus when you only needed 0.2 or 0.3, I
would just calculate my carbs, say it was 46, then bolus 4.5 units to take care of 45 grams
and just eat one less bite.  One carb saved is one 0.1 less unit of insulin!  YMMV    :>)