Re: [IP] Re: Contradictions, or...is it really that bad?

Has anyone out there seen the movie Signs? That had a profound impact on me
and enbled me to express a feeling about my diabetes. I do not beleive in
God or subscribe to any religion. However, I desperately want there to be a
reason that I have diabetes, just like the reasons for things in the movie.
Some days I just trust that there is a reason, such as better health for
myself or my loved ones, a fully planned pregnancy, or some help to some
other future diabetic. Other days, I just hate my diabetes and want it to go

I was diagnosed at 17 - at the time I intensely believed in Karma, and was
trying to figure out what I had done to deserve this awful disease. For two
weeks, I could barely get off the couch, and could not even label it as
depression at the time. In the 7 1/2 years since then I go through swings -
hating the disease and doing little to control it, and then accepting it as
part of my life and doing everything I can to control it and actually
thinking it is positive to pay so much attention to my health. I don't have
any solid answers - they are not possible when everyone is different, and
even the same person is different at different times. I just do the best I
can at the time, and hope for a cure. Is there anyone out there who feels
their diabetes is so positive a force in their life that they would turn
down a readily available and ethical cure?

I fully beleive that my life would be different today without diabetes -
positive or negative, and I would not change anything(including diabetes) in
my life. Everything up to this point has gotten me here, and there is no
other place I would rather be! That said, I would not turn down a cure