Re: [IP] Re: Contradictions, or is it really that bad?

I was diagnosed at age 20 in college, I am "Glad" that I was diagnosed
at this age rather than as a young child, I was able to adapt rather
quickly to my new life, just two weeks after being diagnosed I was
participating in a college water polo tournament, after that I knew D
wasn't going to hold me back from anything. I've always taken everything
in stride, but might not have been so understanding if I was younger.
Only myself was truly effected, mom and dad obviously were sad, but I
know it would have affected their lives a lot more if I was diagnosed at
a younger age.  My heart goes out to all the parents who have struggled
along with their children to maintain a healthy, happy lifestyle, you
all deserve a pat on the back. So for me it seems easier to deal with at
an older age, not only for the individual dealing with DM but the
families as well.