Re: Re: [IP] Contradictions, or...is it really that bad?

I find this subject interesting also! I was dx'd when I was 39 or 40 - type 1. My brother was dx'd at 9 and died from dm complications at 42. I've seen what DM can do - I've also seen what can be prevented (or delayed??) by paying attention to the monster. It's also a part of my life - - the only time I think much about it is when I'm in the middle of something and drop too low. Hate the interuption!
Since I now ride a motorcycle I test more - always "before" and "during" the ride . . . things like that. It's all second nature by now (I'm 55)
I would not, however, take too kindly to being fired or denied insurance due to my status as a "diabetic"..
my 2 cents
peg