[IP] Insurance payments

Renee wrote:
<Renee (Melissa's pump mom/advocate,  & also a breast cancer survivor who
jumped through LOTS of insurance hoops to get back the THOUSANDS of dollars
we had paid out-of-pocket for my meds!!)>

WAY TO GO RENEE!   It is very true that if you fight for what you deserve the
insurance companies will come through.  They are so used to people backing
down.  Please also everyone - check all your medical bills carefully - I had a
CGMS in May of 2001 - I had pre-approval from my ins. company, knew what it
was going to cost me, etc.  It finally came through on my clinic bill in
August of 2001 for $400.00 more than the charge they sent in for pre-approval.
It took me three months of "continual" phone calls to the clinic to get the
charge corrected.  I then paid my co-pay.  THEN - last month - over a year
later - I received my monthly clinic bill and they had put the charge for the
CGMS back on my account in full at the correct charge with the date of May
2001.  I was so irritated!  Then I call and get five different people's voice
mails who are all on vacation, etc.  Needless to say I wasn't very happy and
it once again took a couple weeks to get it deleted off my bill.  I always
wonder how many people this happens to that never check their bill and just
keep paying?????