RE: [IP] Contradictions, or...is it really that bad?

Susan wrote:  "I think in some ways it's easier to adjust to the life style
changes and routines when you are 9. When you get older it's harder to
change. "

I have to agree with you.  I was dx'd the summer I graduated from High
School.  I was already in college, and couldn't wait to start dating and
partying, but D put a stop to all of that.  I was already set my eating
habits and it took me another 15-20 years to come to terms with the illness.
So my response at that time was to ignore it, because it interfered in my
social life (how dumb can you get?) Now I mostly just accept it and do what
has to be done (my husband is great in keeping me down to earth on my care).