[IP] Humulog / Novolog differences

Are you guys saying that there is a difference as far
> as weight gain or loss between Humalog and Novolog?
> This would be interesting to hear more about as I just
> switched to Novolog a few months ago and have gained
> weight!  C.
Insulin is Insulin, its effects are the same for Insulin,Aspartate or LisPro
insulin.the only difference is the insertgion of AsparticAcid In Novolog and
Lysine/Proline in Humulog both at the same position of the B chain of
Insulin. Insulin converts excess carbohydrates to weight in the form of fat.
Also, it causes changes in the kidney which may lead to kidney failure.
Insulin in any form looks like growth hormone. Minimizing the amount of
insulin you have to take, by exercising and reducing ingested carbs will
make you lose weight. The problem with prolonged action insulin such as nph
or lente or glargine is that you always wind up taking more than you need
to lower highs earlier in the day, and level out youre liver's glucose
output. I never said anything about insulin formulations. A great book that
details the physiology of iddm is the mouse book:"Insulin dependant diabetes
in Adults, adolescents and childen By Ragner Hannus, M D You could get this
book from Amazon in the past but it may now be out of print. BD, NJ Route
208, Franklin Lakes NJ had a big batch printed privately as a give away. Its
worth asking Amazon, if you don't succeed call BD. Hannus is a pediatrician
in Sweden, he writes well and uses little cartoons to make his point. His
son Eric has IDDM which is pervasive in Scandenavia, especially Finland.
Order it from Amazon from the IP site. you will help IP because they get
some bread from Amazon., spot.
On a different note, it would be nice to send Michael some bread to maintain
this site, If you can afford it, I know many IP people have little scratch
to give away. But many of us could afford to make a tax deductable
contribution., spot
Many of us who have a long history of dm could Memorialize someone who was
not as fortunate as we were. with a contribution. spot

A. L. Bender, M. D.