Re: [IP] Contradictions, or...is it really that bad?

In a message dated 9/25/02 8:52:29 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> . I think in
> some ways it's easier to adjust to the life style changes and routines when
> you are 9. When  you get older it's harder to change.

I think, since I have a daughter diagnosed at barely four and a brother that
was diagnosed at 6, that there is no easy time for diagnosis. That said, if
you think it is in any way easier on a child then you are sadly
mistaken....try figuring out how to explain to a little child why they
suddenly get *stuck* all the time and pass out and go to ER, etc...it is
impossible for them to understand...at least, as an adult you can understand
and at least, you did have a lot of non D years and at least, you will be
older when and if you develop complications.....children have eyes and brains
they know they are different at a time it is very hard to be
different.......yes, this is a touchy subject with me because I have seen my
child not breathing on three occasions form this nasty disease and in the
hospital at diagnosis I had my baby ask me to please tell her what she had
dome wrong, that whatever it was she promised to never do it again if I would
just stop these people from sticking her with needles.....at five years after
dx'd she has early neuropathy and is on Paxil for depression not to mention
having to leave a school she loved because they would not care for her
properly...she just turned nine.....climbing off my soapbox and getting a
now ten!