Re: [IP] An Odd Experience...

I may have told you all before - or maybe it was the other list - but, when my g-daughter was dx'd 9-15-01, my daughter, also Type I for 32 years, suspected diabetes and told the ER doc to test for diabetes but he didn't think that was the problem with my g-daughter.  So the doc keep screwing around, doing NOTHING, and my daughter kept telling him (pleading) to best for diabetes.  he FINALLY did, bl in 800's, and he told ER Nurse "I'm sure glad I listened to the Mom".  Also, after diagnosis was confirmed, my daughter became upset but was trying to control her emotions so my g-daughter wouldn't get upset too. So my daughter was kinda standing behind my g-daughter's bed, nurse came in and saw my daughter crying (silently to herself) and said "Oh, Why's Mommy Crying"?  So of course, my g-daugher became even MORE upset.  WHAT'S WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE.  So almost daily I am emailing or writing a letter to congressmen, politicians, etc., re: diabetes advocacy, need for full stem cell, etc., and this hospital's ER is next on my list.  I'm simply going to TELL them, like I should have to, what the symptoms of Type I are, because OBVIOUSLY they don't know and both my daughter's and g-daughter's experience.  My daughter almost died too 32 years ago because the dumbass doctors couldn't diagnose her for a month.  Just my 2 cents worth.  I'm on a roll today!

Tammy, mom to Joely, dx'd 1970; g-ma to Emma, dx'd 2001; both pumping 7-18-02